Bug at enviroment editor?

I might have found a bug in the environment editor. When I add objects (box, sphere, …) and scale them before downloading the environment. The objects still have the scaled parameter when loaded up, but the visual is normed back to that the object is (1,1,1). For example a box (0.4, 1, 0.2) will be later (2,5, 1, 5) so that the visual box is (1,1,1) even the Parameter is still (0.4, 1, 0.2). An example can be found below.

This can be simply fixed by editing the numbers manually.

Did somewhen else noticed that issue as well, or is it a problem with my installation?

Create Mouse motions or adding a camera

What version of the platform are you using? Or, alternatively, when has the last update happened?

I tried on my machine and, after having applied a scaling factor to a box, it has been saved in the SDF as /world/state/model/scale while the size of visual and geometry (/world/model/visual) is, as expected (1 1 1).

It is expected because the box had been created, dropping it into the scene, with size <1 1 1> and any subsequent transformation to it (like scaling) is described by a state element in the SDF.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! :smile:

I’m currently working with the following version:

Backend:
hbp_nrp_cleserver: 1.3.0
hbp_nrp_cle: 1.3.0
hbp_nrp_commons: 1.3.1
hbp_nrp_excontrol: 1.3.1
hbp_nrp_music_interface: 1.3.0
hbp_nrp_backend: 1.3.3
hbp_nrp_music_xml: 1.3.0
Frontend: 1.3.8

Could this be related to the problem that inserted objects of the CDP1 Environment are always spawning in the origin (0,0,0), when reloaded are at the right place, but when the simulation starts are back in the origin?

Best,
Florian

Your installation should be recent enough.

It’s not clear to me whether you can correctly save and reload a world from the ED, or on reloading the scaling you applied is ignored.

I’m not aware of the issue with the CDP1 experiment you mentioned.

Cheers,
Ugo

This bug has been reported in our backlog and will be taken care of asap.
Axel