[CLOSED] Netifaces error after fresh install from source

Hi,

It’s like your system pythonpath was not accessible, weird. Your pathlib system location is /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages I guess. Check that please. If you uninstalled system pathlib, reinstall it using apt-get.
Then try adding its location path explicitely in your PYTHONPATH after activating the platform_venv and run make devinstall.

Hope this helps
Axel

My system pathlib is installed. It’s location is /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.
I added /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages to the PYTHONPATH after activating the platform_venv. Now I get this error when running make devinstall in the platform_venv

Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/tmp/pip-build-2PBrtW/opencv-python/setup.py”, line 9, in
import skbuild
> ImportError: No module named skbuild

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-2PBrtW/opencv-python/

I tried the fix mentioned in this post ([SOLVED] Error after fresh install from source), removing open_cv from requirements.txt and
sudo ln /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cv2.x86_64-linux-gnu.so ~/.opt/platform_venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
but then I get
> Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-build-SFPM6e/tzlocal/setup.py", line 8, in <module>
        + Path('CHANGES.txt').read_text('utf-8'))
    AttributeError: 'PosixPath' object has no attribute 'read_text'

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-SFPM6e/tzlocal/

I ran

./configure_nrp
./update_nrp build all
./configure_nrpPreformatted text

but get

ImportError: No module named pathlib
The build doesn’t fail, though.
When start the NRP, I can clone experiments, but when I try to launch them it tells me “No server can handle your simulation at the moment. Please try again later”Preformatted text

Dear Schwaben,

Ok, I’ll pass to the developer team, they might have other insights. Btw, are you a developer? Do you need absolutely the source installation or could you consider installing over docker in Ubuntu?
https://neurorobotics.net/local_install.html
Axel

Dear Axel,

Thank you for your help. I am not a developer. I am working with the docker installation now, so I don’t absolutely need the source installation.

Regards
schwaben

Dear Schwaben,

Then I would advise you going for the docker installation as mentioned, because there is something broken in your Python, which is difficult to figure out remotely.

Bets regards
Axel