Documentation sources

Hi Everyone,
I am starting with NRP and I am searching for documentation sources.

Lets say I want to change a color of a light via a StateMachine.
I found a function ‘LightServiceState’ using User Guide,
but the brief introduction there wasn’t helpful enough.
I’ve finally figured it out by looking into sources of hbp_nrp_excontrol.nrp_states.

My question is:
am I missing some important documentation source? (apart from the guide book)

Hi Jiri,

No, you aren’t missing any important documentation source. Our documentation effort is focused almost exclusively on the Guide Book and its tutorials. New tutorials are being written and the documentation is continuously updated and enriched, in particular when we hear of user feedback such as yours.

Still, the templates provided by the NRP (see $HBP/Experiments and $HBP/Models) are also valuable places where to look at. In your case, taking inspiration from $HBP/Experiments/demo_husky_sbc might have been helpful.

We’ll document further the LightServiceState class. If there are topics of interest for you and for which the documentation is too sparse (or doesn’t exist!), please raise a feature/documentation request here.

Best regards,
Luc

Just as an appendix:

some more web-based documentation can be found at developer.humanbrainproject.eu/docs/
Particularly interesting is python API of hbp-nrp-cle , which can be extremely helpful! (and sadly is not referenced from the standard guide book)

Similarly helpful (in some cases) can be hbp-nrp-virtual-coach -> python API.

Cheers,
George

Sorry for that, will check and add the link to the API doc in the guide book.

Best,
Axel

Hi George,

The Virtual Coach API is actually part of the guide book and can be found here: https://developer.humanbrainproject.eu/docs/projects/HBP%20Neurorobotics%20Platform/2.0/nrp/user_manual/virtual_coach/API.html

Best,
Mahmoud

Thanks everyone!

@mahmoudakl you are absolutely correct. I’ve must have missed it.

George