Error in cle-start and cle-nginx

I installed the live image of Lubuntu+NRP on my system. While the platform launched without errors in first launch after fresh installation, after exiting a simulation, it didn’t load the experiment list. Since then, I am getting these errors:

cle-start error:
Failed to execute request http://localhost:8080/simulation. ERROR: Error: Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND localhost localhost:8080

cle-nginx error:
* Restarting nginx nginx [fail]

Did another fresh OS+NRP install, same problem. Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Hi Gaurav,

Can you try to go to user-scripts and then run ./configure_nrp ?

Regards,
Manos

nginx can fail due to different reasons. One of the reasons could be that another process is running on port 8080. To check if something is running on this port or not you can run the following command:

$ netstat -tulnp | grep 8080

If nothing is running on port 8080, you can check the nginx error logs. They should be in $HOME/nginx/error.log

Running this helped. Thanks.

Just for future reference, there is one other thing I’d like to ask. Yesterday, after posting my question, I found that because of some issues with my wifi, some websites were not accessible. My question is, is there any dependency on internet connectivity that might’ve caused the errors, or, updated NRP is also completely offline like previous versions?

Hi Gaurav,

If you have an installation of NRP and you are running all the services in local mode (to go to local mode just go to user-scripts and execute the script ./running_mode 2), then you should be fine without an internet connection.

Regards,
Manos

and in which mode is the NRP setup in live USB iso in ?

Default mode is 2 indeed. configure_nrp sets the mode to 2 by default.