Error while running experiments

Hi there,

I made a complete and error-free source installation of NRP on my laptop, using Ubuntu 16.04.

I connect to service by :

-  http://localhost:9000/#/esv-private

And when I run the example or created experiments, I get this error:

Internal server error: trigger() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given) (host: localhost)

What do you think about it? What might be the problem in my case?

Thank you all!

Hi,

Could you please let us know which experiment you are trying to launch? Also, in the console where you start the nrp backend services (cle-start), is there any other error?

Regards,
Manos

i have new question …

i was unable to open mooc collab !!
error comes like this :

400 : Bad Request
oauth callback made without a token

what should i have to do in order to run it properly ?
thanks in advance
peace :smile:

It seems like this is an unrelated question, could you please open a a new thread with details on the problem on the correct thrad? This specific thread is about neurorobotics, try to post your question on the collab thread.

Regards,
Manos

ok :frowning: i will do what u have said…

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. It is for any experiment and yes, there is also the same error in console as follows:

2018-10-31 16:15:49,646 [uWSGIWorker1] [hbp_nrp_back] [ERROR]  trigger() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2292, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1815, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "./hbp_nrp_backend/rest_server/__init__.py", line 31, in error_router
    return original_handler(e)
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1718, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1813, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1799, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask_restful/__init__.py", line 480, in wrapper
    resp = resource(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/views.py", line 88, in view
    return self.dispatch_request(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/canberk/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask_restful/__init__.py", line 595, in dispatch_request
    resp = meth(*args, **kwargs)
  File "./hbp_nrp_backend/rest_server/__SimulationService.py", line 186, in post
    sim.state = "initialized"
  File "./hbp_nrp_backend/simulation_control/__Simulation.py", line 242, in state
    self.__lifecycle.accept_command(new_state)
  File "/home/canberk/Documents/NRP/ExDBackend/hbp_nrp_commons/hbp_nrp_commons/simulation_lifecycle.py", line 182, in accept_command
    self.__machine.events[command].trigger()
TypeError: trigger() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

What could it be?

Best Regards

Hi,

Could you run the configure_nrp script in $HBP/user-scripts ? If this does not help, I would advise you to execute
update_nrp update all script again in user-scripts. Seems like something went silently wrong during the installation. Could you also tell me if the environment variable $NRP_INSTALL_MODE is set to user? Just echo $NRP_INSTALL_MODE from a terminal. If everything is ok, then we will have to dig a bit deeper.

Regards,
Manos

My output for this:

$ echo $NRP_INSTALL_MODE
    user

I also did this : configure_nrp and it executes well. Followingly, I executed update_nrp update all. But I still get exactly the same error.

Is it really about the number of arguments passed to this trigger function?

Hi,

It could be that something went wrong with the python packages installation. Can you check if there is a folder called platform_venv in ~/.opt/platform_venv ? If it is there, remove it and execute the update_nrp build script. Another possibility that I see is that you have a flask package installed locally in ~/.local , whih could be a different version than the one that we use. You can do a pip freeze and find all the packages related to flask and then pip remove flask-related-stuff just to be sure that they are not messing with our code.

Regards,
Manos

Hey guys,

I have exactly the same problem.

Based on the posts above I first tried update_nrp update all with no success. I also echoed $NRP_INSTALL_MODE, which was set to user.

Then I ran pip freeze, and removed any flask stuff I noticed. I also wiped out the ~/.opt/platform_venv/ folder. Next I ran update_nrp build all. Alas, the problem was still there.

To ensure that the flask version that was being used came from the NRP installer, after I had erased ~/.opt/plafform_venv/ and ran 'update_nrp` \ I ran ~/.opt/platform_venv/bin/python, and in python:

import flask
flask._file_
‘/home/z/.opt/platform_venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/init.pyc’

which suggests that the flask module used by the platform was put there by the NRP installer.
At this point I don’t really know how to proceed.

Hi Sergio,

Can you try the same python code but without activating the virtual env? Just from a new terminal try

python
import flask
flask.__file__

My suspicion is that there is a system flask install with sudo pip that is messing with the one that the NRP is using. If this is the case running

sudo pip freeze | grep flask
sudo pip uninstall flask-related-stuff 

should do the trick. Hope it helps!

Regards,
Manos

Hi Sergio,

If Manos instructions didn’t solve your problem already, you could check the version of transitions in platform_venv:

source ~/.opt/platfom_venv/bin/activate
pip freeze | grep transitions

Expected value: transitions==0.4.0

It is possible that you have another installation of the python module named transitions which interfers with the one used by the NRP.

Best regards,
Luc

Once again, thank you Luc and Manos.

I did not have flask installed outside of the virtual environment, but I did have transitions==0.6.9 . Manually removing the transitions module and running update_nrp build all solved the problem.