First draft model of hippocampus CA1 microcircuit

I would like to advise you that I will be at SfN 2015 in Chicago to present the current status of the model of hippocampus CA1 microcircuit. This would be a great opportunity to meet and discuss together the present and future of our community effort. Who is going to attend? Let me know, so we can arrange a meeting.

In brief, the model includes 21 Neurolucida 3D reconstructions belong to 13 morphology types (m-types), 20 from UCL, and 1 from neuromorpho.org. Circuit anatomy, such as the relative abundance of m-types and connectivity properties (connectivity matrix, subcellular targeting, boutons per connection), was constrained according to the literature (Bezaire and Soltesz 2013; hippocampome.org). For the electrical modeling of the single neurons, we collected 146 electrophysiological single cell recordings from different neuron types from UCL. Following the Petilla nomenclature, we classified the traces in 3 electrical firing patters (e-type): classical accommodating (cAC), bursting accommodating (bAC) and classical non-accommodating (cNAC). For each m-type, we looked at the occurrence of e-type, and we derived a list of 17 morpho-electrical types (me-types) with their relative abundance. BBP used the electrophysiological traces and identified e-types to build corresponding models for each me-types. Synaptic transmission still need to be implemented correctly and then we can look at the circuit properties and validate them against experimental evidences.