Gazebo without GPU

Dear all,

I am new to NRP and am looking for how to run Gazebo without GPU. I have seen the file gazebo.gpuless.Dockerfile in hbpneurorobotics-nrpdocker which suggests that Gazebo can be used without GPU.
Could anyone tell me how this can be achieved concretely?
Can I just create a new container from any existing nrp container, adding the content of the the file gazebo.gpuless.Dockerfile [1] (replacing the FROM statement of course)?

Thanks!

Sam

[1] gazebo.gpuless.Dockerfile:

FROM nrp-gazebo:dev

RUN echo 'export ROS_MASTER_URI=http://$(hostname -I | cut -d " " -f 1):11311' >> $HOME/.bashrc
RUN sed -i 's|$VGLRUN|xvfb-run -a --server-args="-screen 0 1280x1024x24"|' ${NRP_INSTALL_DIR}/gzserver
RUN sed -i 's|--pause|--pause --software_only_rendering|' ${NRP_INSTALL_DIR}/gzserver

Dear Sam,

the --software_only_rendering does the trick. But this works only in our modified gazebo, from a commit entitled “[NRRPLT-5505] Added command line switch ‘software_only_rendering’ to override ‘Render to Texture’ target options” if you want to dig it out.

May I ask how you could get our nrpdocker repo since it is private? Did I miss something in the repo sonfig to have it private?

Best regards
Axel

Dear Axel,

thanks for the information.
Don’t worry about the configuration. I did not get it from there; I have got the files in the context of the NRP workshop that we have had.

Thanks,

Sam