Getting Involved in HBP

Hi Everyone,

I am a software engineer in the bay area deeply interested in the HBP and all of its aspects. I am very interested in getting involved and helping any team I can. I am quite skilled in multiple programming languages as well as machine learning, deep learning, and data science. If you could use someone to help you with your projects I would love to be a part! Alternatively, if you have some advice on how to get more involved I would love to hear about it!

Email: Curt.Charles.EE@gmail.com

Charles

Hi Charles,

Probably the first step is to register for an account. This is an automated process if you are affiliated with an academic institution, otherwise you will need to send an e-mail explaining your motivation. More information at https://ebrains.eu/register/

After that, you can take a look at the EBRAINS portal as well as at the Collaboratory (version 1; version 2. The tools and services from version 1 are in the process of being migrated to version 2 and to the EBRAINS portal).

This should give you a clearer idea about the different components we are developing, and you can then contact the teams responsible for each component. Note that many of the components are developed as open source software on Github, e.g. NEST, Neo, Elephant, PyNN.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

I have been trying to get involved there and have been blocked so far. I am still very interested but I suppose I just need to be patient. Do you perhaps know someone I could contact directly? It’s quite hard with Covid to be able to find a community in this niche.

Charles

Hi Charles,

In what sense have you been blocked? Is it that you don’t have an e-mail address from an academic institution? My understanding is that the procedures for accepting account requests from outside academia are currently being put into place, I’m not sure what the typical delay is for processing such requests.

Another way you might find collaborators is by looking through the HBP Github org, at https://github.com/HumanBrainProject/

Regards,

Andrew