Installation pains

Hi,

I’ve been trying to install the platform from BitBucket for several days now without success. In my last attempt I created an Ububtu 16.04 VM in on of the cloud players, the install went ok but got errors while running (Internal Server Error). Got the login page but couldn’t login.

I then tried the suggested upgrade as per the instructions, and I’m getting:

ExDFrontend

npm WARN ajv-keywords@3.2.0 requires a peer of ajv@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN exdfrontend@1.3.12 license should be a valid SPDX license expression

npm ERR! path /home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/abbrev
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall rename
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename ‘/home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/abbrev’ -> ‘/home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/.abbrev.DELETE’
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/jota/.npm/_logs/2018-05-02T22_31_27_092Z-debug.log
ExDFrontend INSTALL ERROR

In the error above, the folder:

/home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/abbrev

doesn’t exist, so I can’t do the rename. I’ve tried "npm dedupe and didn’t help.

After so many hours, I’m actually starting to doubt this package can be installed at all!!! :’-(

Help?

By the way, from the detailed log file, it ends with:

886 silly saveTree └── vinyl-fs@2.4.4
887 warn ajv-keywords@3.2.0 requires a peer of ajv@^6.0.0 but none is installed$888 warn exdfrontend@1.3.12 license should be a valid SPDX license expression
889 verbose stack Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename '/home/jota/$890 verbose cwd /home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend
891 verbose Linux 4.13.0-1014-azure
892 verbose argv “/home/jota/.nvm/versions/node/v8.11.1/bin/node” "/home/jota/.$893 verbose node v8.11.1
894 verbose npm v5.6.0
895 error path /home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modul$896 error code ENOENT
897 error errno -2
898 error syscall rename
899 error enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename '/home/jota/Document$900 error enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file. 901 verbose exit [ -2, true ]

Dear Lokijota,

This is a problem we can reproduce: it happens every time you try to re-build ExDfrontend using the user-scripts. Fortunately, the temporary fix is simple:

rm -rf $HBP/ExDFrontend/node_modules
cd $HBP/ExDFrontend
npm install

After this, you can launch the NRP front-end as usual:

cle-frontend

Best regards,
Luc

Hello.

I did what you recommend and then executed this again to do the update as per your documentation:

./update_nrp update all

I had a very similar error:

ExDFrontend

npm WARN ajv-keywords@3.2.0 requires a peer of ajv@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN exdfrontend@1.3.12 license should be a valid SPDX license expression

npm ERR! path /home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/dezalgo/node_modules/asap
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! syscall rename
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename ‘/home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/dezalgo/node_modules/asap’ -> ‘/home/jota/Documents/NRP/ExDFrontend/node_modules/npm/node_modules/dezalgo/node_modules/.asap.DELETE’
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/jota/.npm/_logs/2018-05-03T09_32_54_447Z-debug.log
ExDFrontend INSTALL ERRORI

Again, like I said, how anyone manages to get this running is a total mistery to me.

PS: please remember this was a brand new VM with Ubuntu 16.04, provisioned from scratch. I didn’t install ANYTHING additional and just followed the steps.

Hello,

The issue seems to be caused by one of the external dependencies of the NRP, most likely because they are not handling the migration to the latest NodeJS version properly (see discussion here https://github.com/tailwindcss/tailwindcss/issues/359). I would not recomment following the solution that they propose since this would mean that you would have to downgrade your npm (the package that manages NodeJS dependencies) version. Another solution you can try is doing

cd $HBP/ExDFrontend
rm -rf node_modules
cd $HBP/user-scripts
./update_nrp build

The difference in these steps is that you do not invoke the npm install by yourself, but you rather let the update script do it for you, since the problem seems to be caused by invoking npm install twice. Then the update script should continue and finish without errors. This is a temporary fix while we investigate a proper way to solve this issue. I hope it helps, else we can maybe organize a small debug session.

Regards,
Manos

Hi Manos,

thanks for your help, sorry it took me a couple of days to try again.

The commands you gave me allows me to skip the previous error. Two things to highlight:

a) during the build there were errors such as these. Couldn’t get them all with the scrolling, but there were a few more. Not sure if this is relevant, but they are errors and not warnings:

warning: no previously-included files matching '*.py[co]' found anywhere in distribution
no previously-included directories found matching 'docs/_build'
  File "/home/jota/.opt/platform_venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/asyncfilters.py", line 7
    async def auto_to_seq(value):
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "/home/jota/.opt/platform_venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/asyncsupport.py", line 22
    async def concat_async(async_gen):
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Successfully installed hbp-nrp-backend Jinja2
Cleaning up…
(continues and ends with apparent success)

b) After the build ends, I try to run it. cle-nginx workds, but when I run cle-start again I get errors and eventually it gets into a loop of Internal Server Errors:

— no python application found, check your startup logs for errors —
— no python application found, check your startup logs for errors —
2018-05-07 22:00:33 UTC Failed to execute request http://localhost:8080/health/errors. ERROR: Error: Status code: 500
Internal Server Error
2018-05-07 22:00:33 UTC Failed to execute request http://localhost:8080/simulation. ERROR: Error: Status code: 500
Internal Server Error

If I follow the instructions and open the page http://localhost:9000/#/esv-private the login page popups up, but when I insert:

U: nrpuser
P: password

I get an error message in red: You have entered an invalid username or password.

I’ve checked nginx\error.log but the only thing there is the missing favicon.ico from referrer: “http://localhost:9000/proxy/authentication/loginpage?origin=FS&client_id=neurorobotics-i&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A9000%2F%23%2Fesv-private

Any ideas? The saga continues… :frowning:

Thanks,
João

Hi João,

Good to hear that the error is gone. We have a bug report from our side to make sure that it gets properly fixed. On the other issues, the first one is most likely caused by a problm in the pythonpath so adding the line

export PYTHONPATH=

before the . $HBP/user-scripts/nrp_variables in your .bashrc could help . For the second error you just need to run the script configure_nrp in $HBP/user-scripts, and this will create a default user with the credentials that you tried in a local database that we keep to maintain a list of users. Keep in mind that the configure_nrp might also fix the previous error. If not we can investigate on your database. The favicon.ico should not be a problem.

Thanks for your feedback, we are taking actions on our side to make the installation much easier (hopefully with minimal user effort), but it will take a bit more time.

Regards,
Manos