No module named bbp_client.oidc.client when trying to use Virtual Coach

When using the Docker container (“local install”) without any changes made on my end except adding an experiment - after following the Virtual Coach instructions in the tutorial, which are:

cle-virtual-coach python from hbp_nrp_virtual_coach.virtual_coach import VirtualCoach

I’m getting the following output:

Fine, I thought the Docker image would be a contained environment in which everything just works. But that’s OK, I’ll try my best to fix this one as well. Then I google “BBPOIDCClient” and get here. I see this link

follow it and get a 404. :rage:

I’m at the ends of my wits, any help!?

Hey!

I seemingly use a similar setup as you do, but I never got into the jupyther notebook part of nrp (see [1]) in the first place (cloning and using the 3D environment as intended works, though). I tried to execute your virtual coach command via docker exec, but that user does not have the required permissions within the container.

Maybe we can help each other? How did you manage to get the dockerised nrp to let you use jupyther notebooks?

Christian

[1] How to use Jupyter Notebooks in nrp?

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get Jupyter to work, either. Indeed, I haven’t managed to get any part of the virtual coach to work.

But on another note: Have you tried executing sudo ./nrp_installer.sh connect_backend? This opens a console window inside the docker container and you don’t have to use the docker commands.

Once you’re in that console, you can enter precisely the code you see in my screenshot.

Cheers, Tobi

Interesting fact: I just accidentally started a virtual coach python script with python script.py instead of cle-virtual-coach script.py (my own install now, Docker still not workingw with VC) and it gave me precisely the error I described above.

Hi Tobi,

Yes, this makes a lot of sense. The cle-virtual-coach alias simply appends $HOME/.opt/platform_venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages to your PYTHONPATH. This is where the bbc_client library is located.

You can check out what all the aliases do if you open $HBP/user-scripts/nrp_aliases.

Cheers,
Mahmoud