NRP bug on the collaboratory space

Hello,

I’m experiencing a bug when I try to launch or create an experiment on the NRP (collaboratory space, dev version). At the very moment I arrive on the “My Dev Experiment” menu, after creating an experiment, or just by clicking on a previously created experiment button, the collab tells me that an error occured, and that I have to try again.

It’s been 3-4 days that this bug arises (it changed a little bit today, because before, this bug happened when I tried to launch the experiment, not just when I arrived on the experiment menu).

Here is a video to give an example of the bug : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_IWxaUjZlL6Vk91ajVONTdHQms

Edit: I tried on a Windows OS and the same bug happens.

I wanted to make sure that this bug is not only for me!

Thank you for the help,
Best,
Alban

Hi Alban,

It’s not just for you, there’s currently an unscheduled infrastructure/storage outage that is impacting the NRP deployment (and other resources). We’re waiting to hear back about the resolution, hopefully it’s back up and running for you tomorrow.

If the issue persists (or the original issue comes back), let use know. I’ll let you know if I get any updates.

Best,
Kenny

Thank you for the reply!

Ok, I will check that and let you know.

I can’t wait for this deployment, because it has a really nice feature I want to use :smile:

Best,
Alban

That works now!

However, I think my brain is too big to build. When I launch the simulation, I get this message:

Internal server error: service [/ros_cle_simulation/create_new_simulation] responded with an error: error processing request: Error while starting gazebo: class ‘pexpect.TIMEOUT’ (host: neurorobotics-dev.humanbrainproject.eu)

Is it possible, say in the brain description file, to increase the TIMEOUT value? Or do I need a local install of the NRP if I want to do such a thing?

Thank again.
Alban

Hi Alban,

This also isn’t your fault :grinning: , it’s a deployment issue that were are looking into right now. We should have a fix soon. The feature that I think you are waiting for (generic image viewer) is currently not deployed on the dev servers, we are finalizing the items for the next major platform release today, which will then be deployed onto the servers for you to use.

If you’re attending the install party, you’ll have direct access to the feature from the latest code, but it will be a couple of days before it’s available on the actual servers.

You will also have some issues today as the cluster will be reserved all afternoon for another project.

Kenny

Ok! Thanks for the information.

Yes I will come to the install party, so see you there :smile:

Alban

Actually, I would still want to know how to increase the time-out value. Now that I have a local install for the NRP (works well), I tried to launch an experiment with a BIG brain, but unfortunately, to build the brain, it takes more than the Time-out value, and I obtain this message:

504 Gateway Time-out (nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu)). (host: localhost)

Do you have an idea of how to change that value (if ever that’s possible)?

Thank you again!
Alban

Hi Alban,

No problem, since you have a local install it should be possible. It would be good if one of us could get a copy of your latest brain file for testing as it shouldn’t be timing out loading anymore (though this may just be on the deployed servers and not for local installs, I can check with the people who would know more).

If you edit:

$HBP/nrpBackendProxy/serversProxy.js

and replace the time in the line:

var REQUEST_TIMEOUT = 20 * 1000;//ms

with some huge value that should prevent a timeout while loading (though it’s obviously just a local hack for testing).

Best,
Kenny

Hi! Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

But it seems to have no effect on the issue. I think that the problem may come from somewhere else.

It would be good if one of us could get a copy of your latest brain file for testing as it shouldn’t be timing out loading anymore (though this may just be on the deployed servers and not for local installs, I can check with the people who would know more).

Ok, I will send you the code by private message.

Best,
Alban