NRP fresh install: Troubleshoot Nest cause problems with configure_nrp

Hello,

I have some problems with the installation of NRP. I followed the installation steps, step by step on a new ubuntu 16.04 partition on my laptop. I get until step 9.2 without any problems. When I tried to build with ‘./update_nrp build all’ it didn’t found the path of NRP/nest-simulator. It didn’t even exist in the NRP folder. So I did the Troubleshoot Nest with reclone the folder of the git repository:

cd $HBP rm -rf nest-simulator git clone https://$user@bitbucket.org/hbpneurorobotics/nest-simulator.git

I redid steps 4. NEST prerequisites and step 9. Build NRP. Now I get following errors on ./configure_nrp and ./update_nrp build all.

~/Dokumente/NRP/user-scripts$ ./configure_nrp Removing existing config files for nginx, ExDFrontend, ExDBackend, CLE, nrpBackendProxy and the gzserver/gzbridge scripts. Would you like to NOT backup your local versions? (this also purges your existing backups) (y/N) y * Stopping nginx nginx [ OK ] DONE mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/nginx' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/init.d' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/default' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/nginx' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/var/log/nginx' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/nginx/lua' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/nginx/conf.d' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.opt/bbp' angelegt Copying user_makefile to python repos Copying Frontend config.json file Copying start/stop scripts for gzserver and gzbridge Copying CLE config.ini file Copying hbp-flask-restful config files. Copying Proxy config files. Copying Nginx config files Copying uwsgi config file Copying VirtualCoach config.json file Copying VirtualCoach bbpclient cp: das angegebene Ziel '/home/progger/.opt/platform_venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/' ist kein Verzeichnis Generating schema parsers for ExDBackend ExDBackend is not built yet. Skipping schema parsers generation. Would you like to setup your local storage database with a default user? (Y/n) y Setting up local storage database STORAGE_PATH is set to '/home/progger/.opt/nrpStorage' module.js:549 throw err; ^

Error: Cannot find module ‘uuid/v4’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)
at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (/home/progger/Dokumente/NRP/nrpBackendProxy/utils/createFSUser.js:26:14)
at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:663:10)
at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)
ERROR
Setting configuration files to default mode (offline mode)
Editing Backend config.json
Editing nginx conf files
Using the proxy config file containing your localhost as backend, and your FS as storage

• Restarting nginx nginx [ OK ]
    Done
    DONE

Warning: your running mode has been switched to full local (2).
you might want to run running_mode to change it.

after typing ‘./update_nrp build all’ in a new window I get:

bash: ./update_nrp: no such file or directory

After this I followed steps 4 till 9 again but the problem is still the same.

My system language is german, I hope you can read it anyway.
Thanks for help and best regards.

[SOLVED] Build Failure in BrainVisualizer session_fresh source install

Hi Katharina,

Try to go to $HBP/nrpBackendProxy and there do

npm install

The fact that the build script failed led to the dependencies of the backend proxy to not be installed, thus when you run configure (which is using these dependencies), the script fails. If this fails there might be an issue with your NodeJS version, but we can figure that out later.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Manos

I tried it and now I get this:

~/Dokumente/NRP/user-scripts$ ./configure_nrp Removing existing config files for nginx, ExDFrontend, ExDBackend, CLE, nrpBackendProxy and the gzserver/gzbridge scripts. Would you like to NOT backup your local versions? (this also purges your existing backups) (y/N) y * Stopping nginx nginx [ OK ] DONE mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/nginx' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/init.d' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/default' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/nginx' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/var/log/nginx' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/nginx/lua' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.local/etc/nginx/conf.d' angelegt mkdir: Verzeichnis '/home/progger/.opt/bbp' angelegt Copying user_makefile to python repos Copying Frontend config.json file Copying start/stop scripts for gzserver and gzbridge Copying CLE config.ini file Copying hbp-flask-restful config files. Copying Proxy config files. Copying Nginx config files Copying uwsgi config file Copying VirtualCoach config.json file Copying VirtualCoach bbpclient cp: das angegebene Ziel '/home/progger/.opt/platform_venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/' ist kein Verzeichnis Generating schema parsers for ExDBackend ExDBackend is not built yet. Skipping schema parsers generation. Would you like to setup your local storage database with a default user? (Y/n) y Setting up local storage database STORAGE_PATH is set to '/home/progger/.opt/nrpStorage' New user 'nrpuser' created New user 'admin' created Setting configuration files to default mode (offline mode) Editing Backend config.json Editing nginx conf files Using the proxy config file containing your localhost as backend, and your FS as storage * Restarting nginx nginx [ OK ] Done DONE

Warning: your running mode has been switched to full local (2).
you might want to run running_mode to change it.

But ./update_nrp build all doesn’t work.

Dear Katharina,

Could you copy-paste here the error message you get when running the script update_nrp? (It is probably different than the previous one).

Best regards,
Luc

Hello,

I reset my ubuntu partition and redid the nrp installation. Now everything is working fine. Thank you for your help.

best regards