NRP installation - linking error for sdformat

Hello everyone!

I’m having troubles, while trying to completely re-install the NRP. When it comes to building sdformat (to install gazebo), I get a linking error, because some libraries are not found. When doing “make -j8” after configure in the $HBP/sdformat/build directory, I get the following error during linking (full error here: https://justpaste.it/1e9zg):

…/…/src/libsdformat.so.4.1.0.hbp.1.3.0 : undefined reference to « TiXmlElement::Attribute(std::string const&) const »
…/…/src/libsdformat.so.4.1.0.hbp.1.3.0 : undefined reference to « TiXmlElement::SetAttribute(std::string const&, std::string const&) »
…/…/src/libsdformat.so.4.1.0.hbp.1.3.0 : undefined reference to « boost::match_results<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string>, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string> > > >::maybe_assign(boost::match_results<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string>, std::allocator<boost::sub_match<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char const*, std::string> > > > const&) »

(with more lines, but only with undefined references to TiXmlElement or to boost)

What I tried to solve this is:

sudo apt-get install libtinyxml* libboost-*

But the same problem arose during the linking stage of sdformat.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks everyone!
Best,
Alban

Hi Alban,

Sorry I didn’t see your original post, try running:

cd $HBP/user-scripts
./configure_nrp

that should install the nginx file needed to that location.

Kenny

Sorry I didn’t see your original post

no worries at all! I usually have many projects, so there is no rush at all ^^

try running:
cd $HBP/user-scripts
./configure_nrp

yes, I realised I forgot that after doing grep -r /etc/init.d/nginx in user_script

However, now I have some module missing when running cle-start: at first it could not find the module “pyxb”, so I installed pyxb==1.2.4 with pip in the platform_venv in $HOME/.opt/platform_venv. But now the next missing module is “site”, which makes me thing that may be I miss something in my $PYTHONPATH or $PYTHONHOME?

Thanks again :smile:
Alban

You may want to open a new terminal and try running:

cd $HBP/user-scripts
./update_nrp build all

again which should build everything and install all of the dependencies in your platform_venv. If you’re still having issues launching then you may want to just delete the platform_venv and try the above command without the all (so just ./update_nrp build) and see if that resolves the issue.

Kenny

Ok! ./update_nrp build all made an error, but then deleting the platform_venv and running ./update_nrp build finished and I got a running NRP. Thank you very much :blush: