Nrp_installer.sh WLS Ubuntu 16.04

Hi everyone,
I have just started looking at the NRP and am hoping to demo it using the local install guide on the website (not the source install, I’ll get to that later). I have Windows 10 Pro and am using the Windows Linux subsystem Ubuntu 16.04. I have “nrp_installer.sh” in my downloads file and when I do the following running as administrator:
chmod 755 nrp_installer.sh

I get the following:
chmod: cannot access ‘nrp_installer.sh’: No such file or directory
When I put the file “nrp_installer.sh” in C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc\LocalState\rootfs\home\USER and run it again I get no error with the chmod line above but get an error with this:
./nrp_installer.sh install

Leading to:
Checking for script updates
nrp_installer.sh is up-to-date.
Pulling frontend image, this may take a while…
./nrp_installer.sh: line 95: docker.exe: command not found

Naturally, the post set-up in Powershell doesn’t work accordingly. I am a complete Linux rookie so I really don’t know where to go from here.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Seisatto,

I think that you need to install Docker on your computer.

Best regards,
Luc

Yes, docker is a good idea and https://netgears.support/netgear-genie-support has also some tools for the windows to install the WLS Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks for your help @nick and @Iguyot . That definitely helped me get somewhere I realise now that was in the instructions but I thought it was the docker installer for nrp that I needed…
Anyway, now I get the following after this command:
./nrp_installer.sh install
CHecking for script updates
nrp_installer.sh is up to date.
Pulling frontend image, this may take a while…
dev: Pulling from hbpneurorobotics/nrp_frontend
image operating system “linux” cannot be used on this platform

Any ideas?

Hi Seisatto,

This thread relates to your problem. The answers there may be helpful.

Best regards,
Luc