Solution to the tutorial baseball experiment

Hi everyone, I’m bob,I recently was having problem dealing with the tutorial baseball experinment,the smach part and the TF part, which using python to complete,I just finish the python class,but still don’t know how to complete the code, can anyone help me or give me some advice?

Hi Bob,

The solution of the tutorial, called Tutorial Baseball experiment - Solution is also provided as an experiment - have you had a look at it?

Cheers,
Jacques

Hi Jacques:

Thanks for replying, I did what you told me, but after I copied the solution’s corresponding part to the exercise’s missing ones, I ran into errors like “‘Population’ object has no attribute ‘parent’”. However, the simulation works fine, so I just ignore this warning.

BTW, since I haven’t had any experience in this field,so it might be somewhat difficult for me to understand. I am confused now because there are so many functions in the TF that I don’t even know where these come from, let alone the SMACH writing part, so I was wondering whether I lack relevant knowledge?(I just finished some ROS tutorials and Python exercise).

Best,
Bob

Hi Bob,

there’s a button on every TF to activate or deactivate them - this will give you insights on what they are doing. Indeed, it’s worthwhile learning python since the state machine, the brain and the TF are written with it. You can also log data using the clientLogger, there are some examples in the TF.

Hope this helps,
Jacques

Hi Jacques:

Thanks a lot for your help. Maybe I’ll contact you soon for further development.

Best,
Bob