[SOVLED] How to assign rate to poisson spike generator in an array-like style

Dear All,

I have an SNN with 16 inputs. Therefore, in the transfer function, @MapSpikeSource, I define it like this:

@nrp.MapSpikeSource("img_data", nrp.brain.sensors[slice(0, 16, 1)], nrp.poisson)

I don’t know if I do it in the right way. This is the hard-coded way in the “Tigrillo Learning Experiment”

@nrp.MapSpikeSource("sensor_pop0", nrp.brain.sensor_population0, nrp.dc_source)
@nrp.MapSpikeSource("sensor_pop1", nrp.brain.sensor_population1, nrp.dc_source) 
@nrp.MapSpikeSource("sensor_pop2", nrp.brain.sensor_population2, nrp.dc_source)
@nrp.MapSpikeSource("sensor_pop3", nrp.brain.sensor_population3, nrp.dc_source)

And how can I index each Poisson spike generator in order to give its rates. something like this

img_data[0].rate = xxx

But it gives me error:

'PyNNNestPoissonSpikeGenerator' object does not support indexing

By the way, I have actually a trained working SNN built with NEST or pyNN. Can I use NEST functions in NRP Transferfunction?

Regards,
Zhenshan

To anyone who may interest, this is solved by the inspiration from experiment “Holodeck hollie Arm Reinforcement-Learning for target reaching”. See details in “propagate_input_signal.py”

However, you should try both methods and compare them to insure the same results.
For my case, it is not exactly the same.

Dear Zhenshan,

Thank you for your report. We are currently refiing the way that the populations are being accessed from the transfer functions, to make sure that also a slice of the population can be accessed. Keep track of the changelog, and it should be there in some time.

Regards,
Manos