Spikey neuromorphic system - introduction and hands-on session

We bring some Spikey neuromorphic systems to the HBP Summit.
These systems comprise physical models of neurons and synapses.
Specifically, neurons and synapses are implemented with analog microcircuits that are highly accelerated compared to real-time.
There will be a hands-on session with a short introduction to the system.
We provide local access via an Ethernet network (ssh client is mandatory) and remote access via the NMPI portal (HBP account is mandatory).
Curious? Come and get in touch with analog neuromorphic systems…

For further information about the system, see: http://kip.uni-heidelberg.de/spikey

Do you have the ability to accommodate both neural simulation and machine learning type applications in this Hackathon?

If so, it might be interesting to directly post links to some of the intro material.

All documentation is cross-linked on the above web page. I recommend reading the “HBP Neuromorphic Computing Platform Guidebook”. The hackathon will focus on the basic operation of the system. More complex network models can be discussed on demand.

I’m preparing the next version of the hackathon program, can you confirm the following points about your proposed activity:

Attendance - at least one people of the team should be present to hack with other attendees.

• Monday 16:20 - 19:00
  • Tuesday 14:05 - 17:40
  • Wednesday 9:00 - 11:40
    If you cannot attend all the session, please send me a plan of when you will be present for me to update the program.

Lead for this hack/hands-on - people with whom we can get in touch

• Thomas Pfeil

Description

Spikey neuromorphic system - introduction and hands-on session:

We bring some Spikey neuromorphic systems to the HBP Summit.
These systems comprise physical models of neurons and synapses.
Specifically, neurons and synapses are implemented with analog microcircuits that are highly accelerated compared to real-time.
There will be a hands-on session with a short introduction to the system.
We provide local access via an Ethernet network (ssh client is mandatory) and remote access via the NMPI portal (HBP account is mandatory).
Curious? Come and get in touch with analog neuromorphic systems…

For further information about the system, see: http://kip.uni-heidelberg.de/spikey4

This introduction to the Spikey neuromorphic system is now scheduled for Spotlight Session 18 on Wednesday 9:00 am.
If there is interest in a hands-on session, we can meet in the Hackathon slot 10:55 - 11:40 am (also on Wednesday).

The above link is broken, please use the link in the first post.