Virtual Coach Experiment not showing up in 'running simulations'

Hi all,

I recently updated my NRP and while the Virtual Coach is still working, I can’t join an experiment launched via virtual coach.

It simply does not show up in the ‘running simulations’ tab of the new interface (which btw I think is an improvement!).

It seems like a config issue, but I couldn’t figure it out,

thanks,

Alexander

Hi,

How up-to-date is your system and are you launching a cloned experiment from the Virtual Coach?
Note that the Virtual Coach API has changed slightly since the introduction of the storage server (https://developer.humanbrainproject.eu/docs/projects/HBP%20Neurorobotics%20Platform/1.2/nrp/user_manual/virtual_coach/API.html). Virtual Coach instances have to be initialized with a storage_username and you’ll be prompted for the password. After logging in, you’ll be able to clone experiments and launch cloned experiments, and you’ll be able to see them in the frontend.
From your description I think your system is a bit outdated.

cheers,
Mahmoud

Aha, I did not notice the new API,

thanks, I’ll take a look and come back to you.

Alexander

Hi there,

I am working on a local install, should I then provide a storage_username ? Or should I not clone experiments?

I can launch experiments without cloning and they seem to run fine, but they don’t show up in the frontend…

regards,

Alexander

Hey Alex,

You have to provide a sotrage_username as indicated in the documentation vc = VirtualCoach(environment=‘local’, storage_username='nrpuser) and you’ll be prompted for the password.
After that you can clone experiment and launch only cloned experiments. If you can still launch non-cloned experiments then your system is not up to date.

cheers,
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud, then it seems my system is not up to date,

I didn’t knew/recall the default username (‘nrpuser’), perhaps that can be added to the documentation as well?

thanks,

Alexander