Virtual Coach: Time Experiments on other servers

Hi there,

We have here a few NRPs installed on our servers. I want to run a search with the Virtual Coach and all NRPs in parallel.

Most of it is working! There is just one problem: I cant find a way to control/assess simulation time on all NRPs.

I launch an experiment on each NRP ( just once), then evaluate different robot parameters, resetting the robot and a transfer function after a fixed amount of simulation time.

On my local install this is working since the VC knows the experiment time by subscribing to ros status messages. There is a comment in the code that its currently implemented for localhost only : "# register for status updates, currently only support localhost but in the future # we may need to set ROS_MASTER_URI to the simulation backend " .

Is there another way to find the Simulation time?

Or is there another way to control Simulation time? If for instance the state_machine can pause the experiment after a fixed amount of time, the problem would be solved. But I think thats not possible ?

Thanks!

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

The status updates are currently only supported on one local machine. We’ll have to think about how to expand support in the future to accommodate this case.

I also don’t know if state machines can pause the simulation, I have never seen this done before.

Regards,
Mahmoud