[SOLVED] Close the loop: connecting the brain to the body

Hello.

I started to do a guide in order to create “MyFirstExperiment”. Now I am doing “Close the loop: connecting the brain to the body” (page 14-15). Step a and b are clear bur regarding c " 1. Add two devices in the “Connect to brain” section, each connecting to one of the neurons in our […].

1. Where to add these lines:
lower_threshold.rate = 500. if l_shoulder_roll < 1.8 else 0.

upper_threshold.rate = 500. if l_shoulder_roll > 2.4 else 0.

I have this screen right now:

But it should be like in the guide (Figure 8, page 15).

The two arrows are pointing to the left within Connect to the brain but in the guide, the two arrows are pointing to the right.

1. What should I do?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Anastasiia

Hi Anastasiia,

I am not sure which tutorial you mean, Is it the Baseball tutorial ?

Best

Hi,

I am doing according to “211025_quick_start_guide_v1e_cleaned.pdf” which is still in development, as I know. Brain Simulator is NEST. Is it clear?

Also, I have a few comments on how to improve this guide.

I am very interested in doing experiments on SpiNNaker and within the Neurorobotics platform. Maybe you can recommend something.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Anastasiia

Dear Anastasiia,

This guide is not official and in progress. Its author will give some input next Monday. Hope that helps.

Hello,

Thank you.

I am wondering if you can recommend any other documentation, maybe JupyterNotebooks, regarding experiments on SpiNNaker and within the Neurorobotics platform. I am also looking forward to learning more about this experiment: https://neurorobotics.net/files/Large-scale_Nest_simulation_NRP.mp4.

Best regards,
Anastasiia

Dear Anastasiia,

There is a spinnaker-NRP tutorial here:
https://neurorobotics.net/Documentation/latest/nrp/tutorials/spinnaker/index.html

For the large scale nest simulation, let me ask the dev team if they plan a webinar or tuto.

Best

Concerning the initial question, the actual problem was with the formatting of the guide, which resulted in code fragments and figures being displayed in wrong parts of the document. I know you got direct help over chat, I’m just posting for the record.

Concerning the large scale nest simulation, no webinar or tuto is foreseen right now because it is still an early stage service. Though, if interested, you can conatct the project manager and apply for a project proposal.

Best